The Katy Freeway's iconic larger-than-life love note by renowned local sculptor David Adickes
The spirit of Houston is unmistakable.
hard-working and fun-loving,
sophisticated and raw,
open and opinionated,
proud and down-to-earth.
We are Entrepreneurs.
I am proud to be a native Houstonian, descendant of several generations of entrepreneurs who helped create a friendly, inclusive, cohesive community in one of the hottest, flattest, most humid parts of this country - no small feat. The entrepreneurial spirit that drives me today is not just a genetic trait I inherited from my family. Entrepreneurial describes Houston to the core - once you've been here a while, I think you'll find you can't help but dream big when you've got wide open spaces all around you.
WHY I LOVE HOUSTON
an attempt by one die-hard Houston fan to make her hometown more accessible to the ever-changing mix of folks adopting our amazing city as their new home base. And to jot down in one place some of the greatest things about Houston that even those of us born-and-bred in H-town often overlook or forget. My goal is to share with the unknown public the "Secrets" of Houston, like...
- How to Make Houston Your Own (there's plenty of it to go around!)
- Insider Guides to Neighborhoods
- The History of Houston (well, some of the interesting history anyway...)
- Hidden Gems of the City - Recreating, Shopping, Dining, Living
- Spotlights on Local, Family-Owned Businesses that Beat the Big Boxes